The Magna Carta Institute at Brunel University held an event on 6 March 2010 looking at the British General Election to be held in May 2010.
The event featured a number of eminent speakers, including:
- Sir Robert Worcester – founder of MORI, a survey research organisation, now Ipsos MORI
- Peter Riddell – Assistant Editor of The Times
- Lord Chris Rennard – former Chief Executive of the Liberal Democrats
- Robert Evans – former Member of the European Parliament
- Professor Justin Fisher – Director of the Magna Carta Institute
Discussions covered polling, coverage of the campaign in the media, and the likely outcome of the election. Professor Fisher commented that:
The event was lively and included a great deal of interaction with the audience. Overall, the day was a great success, with many scholars enthusing about such a stimulating day.