Become a master at networking and gain tips and tricks to build your network in any setting at this workshop.
This workshop will focus on developing your networking skills and give you tips for building your own personal network!
During the workshop you will cover:
- Why building networks is important and what the functions of your own personal network are.
- Basic steps for you to take to build your network anywhere in the world.
- Typical skills of highly successful networkers and practical experience on how to develop these skills yourself.
- Where to look to build your professional and personal networks.
- How to create and use your own personal network map.
You will have the opportunity to undertake networking conversations with others and build-up your personal skills, as well as using storytelling tools for successful networking and communication. There will also be a chance for you to practise the networking skills you have learnt with others at the end of the workshop.
The CSC’s Leaders in Sustainable Development programme of workshops focus on professional and practical skills and are designed to be interactive, with small groups of Scholars and Fellows taking part in each event.
Before attending the workshop
Attendees should complete the session pre-work and be prepared to discuss this during the workshop.
If you attended the workshop, you can view the workshop slides and access the Engagement and Reflection Log for further learnings.
This workshop will be run by AccessEd, a non-profit organisation aimed at promoting fair access to university for all young people. Alongside running in-school programmes for under-represented pupils, they also work with researchers across the world, training them to focus on outreach and public engagement skills, career readiness, and leadership development.
AccessEd workshops are designed and delivered by qualified teachers and academics with extensive experience of training researchers across the UK and internationally.